REGULATIONS OF THE CEDOC MARKET 2020 PROGRAMME
1. The Regulations set out the terms and conditions of the CEDOC MARKET 2020 programme (hereinafter: „CEDOC”).
2. CEDOC is organised by the Władysław Ślesicki Film Foundation (KRS No 0000508130), hereinafter referred to as the „Organiser”.
3. CEDOC is dedicated to documentary filmmakers and Polish and foreign producers who want to consult and present to an international group of film experts their documentary film projects in development or at early stages of production. Applicants can submit full-length or medium-length film projects, but not shorter than 50 minutes (known as a TV hour), as well as documentary series (hereinafter: a “Project”). The Organiser may agree to a shorter project being admitted, subject to individual arrangement.
4. CEDOC takes place on the dates and at locations specified by the Organiser. The two-day CEDOC Market event will be held as part of the Krakow Film Festival and KFF Industry on 4 and 5 June 2020.
5. The Organiser will make every effort to ensure that CEDOC is organised at the highest possible level. The Organiser does not acquire any rights to the Project due to the participation of the Project in CEDOC, with the exception of the rights to publish the materials specified in point 14 item d) and e)
6. Applicants apply to CEDOC using the application form available on doclab.pl along with all required attachments specified in the form:
a) logline (max. 250 characters with spaces)
b) synopsis (max. 1,700 characters with spaces)
c) biography and filmography of the director, (max. 500 characters with spaces)
d) bio and filmography of the producer (max. 500 characters with spaces)
e) company profile (max. 500 characters with spaces)
f) information on the status of the project (partners acquired so far, financing plan, resources needed, etc.)
g) additional audiovisual materials:
stills (2-3; min. resolution 1800pix x 1200pix; jpeg)
trailer / teaser
6.1 The application form will be available on the site until 31 March 2020.
7. The decision to qualify a Project at CEDOC is made by the Organiser based on the recommendation of the qualifying committee, following the analysis of application forms with the required attachments. The Organiser’s decisions are final and there is no possibility of appeal. The Organiser and the qualifying commission do not provide information on the evaluation of Projects.
8. The Organiser reserves the right to call on the applicant to complete the application, and to contact the applicant personally, by phone or email in order to address any doubts and in order to clarify details of the application.
9. A CEDOC participant may be a person:
a) of full legal age, with full legal capacity,
b) who has made films or short documentaries – this point concerns producers and directors.
c) no level of film education is required for participation.
10. Projects must be represented by:
a) their producer
11. An application to participate in CEDOC is equivalent to submitting to the Organiser declarations by the applicant that:
a) the applicant accepts the Regulations without reservations and irrevocably,
b) at least one of the applicants representing the submitted Project owns the proprietary copyrights to the submitted Project, and if more than one person is entitled to these rights to the Project, then the applicant has obtained the rights to the Project to the extent enabling participation at CEDOC, and to grant consent in item d) below and to the obligation in item 20 below. In the event of any claim or demand by anyone against the Organiser in relation to the use of the Project in accordance with these Regulations, the applicants representing the Project jointly release the Organiser from all liability in this respect,
c) the submitted Project is not an adaptation of another work. An acceptable exception to this rule is when at least one of the applicants representing the submitted Project has the right to adapt this work.
d) The applicant agrees to grant the Organiser rights, unlimited in time and space and free of charge, to publish a description of the Project or its fragments, the film trailer and stills for non-commercial purposes, as well as to use the description of the Project or its fragments, the film trailer and stills for the educational and promotional purposes of the CEDOC programme and the Organiser’s other industry activities.
e) The applicant agrees to his/her image being published for CEDOC’s promotional purposes.
f) The applicant agrees to his/her personal data being processed in accordance with Article 13, sections 1-2 of the Regulation of the European Parliament and the Council (EU) 2016/679 from 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46 / EC (General Regulation on data protection, in short „GDPR”), in accordance with Annex No 1 of these Regulations, constituting its integral part, for the purpose of recruitment at CEDOC, conducting the programme and providing information on activities related to current and future editions of CEDOC and other programmes of the Władysław Ślesicki Film Foundation.
12. One applicant may submit no more than two Projects.
13. Producers participating at CEDOC from outside Poland are entitled to two nights’ accommodation in Krakow. Participants cover all necessary travel expenses themselves. The Organiser will provide coffee, water and snacks during meetings. In exceptional cases, the Organiser may agree to cover the costs of the director of a Project, or to cover the cost of additional accommodation and/or travel.
c) If a Project is accepted at CEDOC, every participant undertakes to fully participate in all planned meetings, the penalty for failing to do so is exclusion from the programme.
14. If a Project is accepted at CEDOC, the participants (producers, and optionally – directors) will be offered industry accreditation enabling participation at all industry events of the festival and authorising access to screenings in the official KFF programme. Participation in CEDOC is free.
15. The Organiser may give award to the Project (in the form of free consultations, an invitation to a pitching or co-production market in another country, or a package of services offered by the Organiser’s partners).
16. The Organiser is entitled to make the necessary changes to these Regulations, which does not affect the rights acquired by the participants.
17. The provisions of Polish law and the jurisdiction of Polish courts apply to all the terms and conditions of these Regulations. If any disputes cannot be resolved by negotiation or settlement, they will be considered by a common court appropriate for the location of the Organiser.
18. These Regulations are the only document setting out the principles of CEDOC. The final interpretation of these Regulations belongs to the Organiser, who will be providing information in this respect upon request by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Warsaw, 1 December 2019
Annex 1 to the CEDOC MARKET 2020 Regulations
1. Declaration of consent to the terms & conditions of the Regulations
I express irrevocable consent to the provisions of the CEDOC Programme Regulations and undertake to comply with them.
2. Declaration of consent to the personal data being processed by the Organiser
In accordance with Article 13, sections 1-2 of the Regulation of the European Parliament and the Council (EU) 2016/679 from 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation, in short, GDPR), I hereby declare that I have been properly informed and I accept, that:
I. The administrator of my personal data is the Władysław Ślesicki Film Foundation.
II. The administrator will process my data solely for the purpose of recruiting for CEDOC MARKET 2020, conducting the programme and informing me about activities related to current and future editions of CEDOC or other Foundation programmes, in accordance with the principles listed in Article 5 of the GDPR. My data will not be processed for direct marketing purposes.
III. The right to object
I have the right, at any time, to object to the processing of my data processed for the purpose and on the basis of the above. The administrator will stop processing my data for these purposes, unless it can demonstrate that there are valid, legally justified grounds that override my interests, rights and freedoms, or that my data will be necessary for the possible determination, investigation or defence of claims.
IV. The administrator will store data for the period necessary to properly perform the recruitment process, conduct the programme and inform me of activities related to current and future editions of CEDOC or other Foundation programmes, but not longer than until the statute of limitations on any claims expires.
V. My personal data may be transferred only to co-workers and employees who are under an obligation of confidentiality, only for the purpose of performing the contract, only if they have been entrusted with the processing of personal data in writing and if they bear liability for a violation of the rules on processing.
VI. Pursuant to the GDPR, I have the right to:
a) access to my data and receive a copy thereof;
b) rectify (correct) my data;
c) request the deletion, restriction of my data, or raise an objection to their processing;
d) transfer data;
e) lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
VII. Providing data is voluntary, but a refusal to provide it may prevent the performance of the contract.
VIII. The administrator does not make decisions in an automated manner and the data is not profiled.
IX. I have the right to withdraw my consent to the processing of my personal data (including data in a particular category) at any time, but withdrawal of consent does not affect the lawfulness of the processing that was carried out in accordance with the law, before its withdrawal.
Being aware of the above information, I agree to my personal data being processed by the Władysław Ślesicki Film Foundation in Warsaw to recruit at CEDOC, to conduct the programme and inform me about activities related to current and future editions of CEDOC or other Foundation programmes.
In …………………………..….., on ………………………………..
Title of the Project
First name and last name
We only accept applications using the online form.
Please send any questions by email to: email@example.com